Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is the Cost of a Home Inspection?
To ensure transparency and consistently, a general home inspection is based on the square footage of the home.
2. What Is Covered Under This Inspection?
lease reference InterNachi’s Standards of Practice.
3. How Long Will the Inspection Take?
An inspection usually takes about 3 hours, but this is dependent on the square footage of the home
4. What Type of Inspection Report is Supplied and How Long Does it Take to receive?
All Reports are electronic and emailed to the client within a day
5. Is Anyone Allowed or Required to Attend the Inspection?
Buying a home is a major investment and a huge decision, the home buyer can bring as many people as they feel comfortable. Although the home buyer is not required to attend, I would highly suggest being present, but you will receive the same high quality service whether you are standing with me or cannot attend.
6. Is it Possible for a Home to Fail an Inspection?
There is no such things as a passing or failing inspection. We provide an inspection report to assist the potential buyer in making an informed decision.
7. What Happens if There Are Problems Found During the Inspection?
Problems found during the inspection are noted in the inspection report and discussed with the potential buyer if present.
8. Why Should I Have A Home Inspection?
Buying a home is a huge financial undertaking, a home inspection can help identify problems giving you the needed information before making a costly purchase.
9. Does a Standard Inspection Cover a Radon Test?
No, a radon test is in addition to a home inspection
10. Why is a Radon Test Important?
Radon is a radioactive gas that has been found in homes all over the United States. It comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil, rock, and water and gets into the air you breathe. Radon typically moves up through the ground to the air above and into your home through cracks and other holes in the foundation
11. How Long Does a Radon Test Take?
A radon test is minimum 48 hours. (Without exception)
12. How Far in Advance do I Need to Schedule an Appointment?
I would try to schedule at least 3 days in advance if possible
Call (610) 717-4249 today to schedule a home inspection in the Pottstown, Collegeville, King of Prussia, PA area